2014 Local Miss Wisconsin Titleholders
2014 Miss Wisconsin Prep Day
Front Row: Miss Beloit - Hayley Jordan , Miss Southern Wisconsin - Tyra McFarland, Miss Coulee Region - Elizabeth Butler, Miss Heart of the Valley - Emily Rebhan, Miss Holmen - Chelsea Dubczak , Miss New Berlin - Megan Patrick, Miss Wisconsin 2013 - Paula Mae Kuiper, Miss Fox River Valley - Mary Bonack, Miss Burlington Area Chocolatefest - Ashely Monti , Miss St Francis - Brynn Weinzirl, Miss West Allis - Chelsey Wasielewski, Miss Racine - Haylee Bande, Miss Wisconsin Rapids Area - Morgan Vanderhei , Miss La Crosse - Christa Brehm.
Back Row: Miss Belle City - Tara Pizer, Miss Kenosha - Tori Bogren, Miss Sparta - Autumn Freeman, Miss Door County - Cora Baudhuin, Miss Onalaska - Audra Fuchsel, Miss Fond du Lac - Malainey Myrin, Miss Harbor Cities - Michelle Neumann, Miss Green Bay Area - Karlee Nimmer, Miss Wisconsin Central - Jessica Johnson, Miss Heart of Wisconsin - Madeline Joy Anderson, Miss Seven Rivers - Tianna Vanderhei, Miss Oshkosh - Samantha Peck, Miss Madison Capital City - Raeanna Johnson.
Wednesday – Talent and Evening Wear
Thursday – Swimsuit and On-Stage Question
- Wisconsin Rapids Area Morgan Vanderhei Tap Dance
- Racine Haylee Bande Baton
- Holmen Chelsea Dubczak Operatic Vocal
- Burlington Area Chocolatefest Ashely Monti Acrodance
- Seven Rivers Tianna Vanderhei Lyrical Dance
- Belle City Tara Pizer Tap Dance
- Door County Cora Baudhuin Classical Piano
- Madison Capital City Raeanna Johnson Lyrical Dance
- Kenosha Tori Bogren Dance/Twirl
- Heart of Wisconsin Madeline Joy Anderson Contemporary Dance
- Beloit Hayley Jordan Lyrical Dance
- Fox River Valley Mary Bonack Classical Ballet
- Oshkosh Samantha Peck Lyrical Dance
Wednesday – Swimsuit and On-Stage Question
Thursday – Talent and Evening Wear
- Coulee Region Elizabeth Butler Alto Sax
- Wisconsin Central Jessica Johnson Piano
- Sparta Autumn Freeman Vocal
- Harbor Cities Michelle Neumann Vocal
- Green Bay Area Karlee Nimmer Vocal
- West Allis Chelsey Wasielewski Jazz Dance
- Fond du Lac Malainey Myrin Dance
- Onalaska Audra Fuchsel Operatic Vocal
- New Berlin Megan Patrick Dance
- Southern Wisconsin Tyra McFarland Monologue
- St. Francis Brynn Weinzirl Tap Dance
- La Crosse Oktoberfest Christa Brehm Piano
- Heart of the Valley Emily Rebhan Classical Violin
Photo caption – from left: 3rd Runner Up Miss Kenosha Tori Bogren, 2nd Runner Up Miss Southern Wisconsin Tyra McFarland, Miss Wisconsin 2014 Raeanna Johnson, 1st Runner Up Miss West Allis Chelsey Wasielewski, 4th Runner Up Miss Heart of Wisconsin Madeline Anderson. (photo courtesy of Miss Wisconsin Organization.)
Thursday night Prelim Winners:
Talent: Miss Onalaska, Audra Fuchsel
Swimsuit: Miss Seven Rivers, Tiana Vanderhei
Wednesday night Prelim Winners:
Talent: Miss Madison Capital City, Raeanna Johnson
Swimsuit: Miss West Allis, Chelsey Wasielewski
RAEANNA JOHNSON NAMED MISS WISCONSIN 2014
OSHKOSH, WIS., June 24, 2014 — On Saturday evening, June 21, 2014, Raeanna Johnson, a 24-year-old from Holmen, Wis., was chosen as the new Miss Wisconsin. Representing the Miss Madison-Capital City pageant, Johnson receives a $10,100 cash scholarship along with other in-kind scholarships, gifts and awards, and the opportunity to compete for the title of Miss America 2015 at the national pageant in Atlantic City on September 16, 2014. Johnson is a 2014 graduate of the University of Wisconsin – LaCrosse with degrees in Organizational & Professional Communication Studies and Women’s Studies. For the talent competition, Johnson performed a lyrical dance en pointe to “Hallelujah.”
Moments after being selected, Johnson shared her excitement about winning the Miss Wisconsin title. “As they announced the finalists, I was trying to keep my mind clear and just relish in the moment. I am excited to step into this role and be a part of the Miss America organization,” said Johnson.
During her year as Miss Wisconsin, Johnson will travel throughout the State advocating her platform issue “Tyler’s Legacy: The Impact of Substance Abuse on the Family.” Johnson’s platform is named for her brother who died from substance abuse in 2005. “I want to remove the stigma of talking about substance abuse and open up those conversations,” says Johnson. She will also talk to various government representatives, business leaders, community groups and citizens-at-large. She is available for appearances and can be booked through www.misswisconsin.com.
Johnson is the first Miss Wisconsin to hold the title twice. She ascended to the title when she was first runner-up in 2011 to Laura Kaeppeler, who became Miss America 2012. Jeanne Schmal, Executive Director of the Miss Wisconsin Organization, explains, “If a woman assumes the role of a state title but has not competed at Miss America, she must take a year off before she can compete again. This is not the first time it’s happened, but it is a first for Wisconsin.” Adds Schmal, “Raeanna is going to make a wonderful representative for Wisconsin. She’s talented, ambitious and accomplished. We’re excited to have her experience Miss America in Atlantic City this September.”
Johnson succeeds Paula Mae Kuiper Miss Wisconsin 2013 who was a Top 12 finalist at Miss America 2014. Since 1936, Wisconsin has two national titleholders – Miss America 1973 Terry Anne Meeuwsen and Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler.
There were 26 talented and intelligent contestants in this year’s program, who were awarded nearly $30,000 in cash scholarships and additional thousands in in-kind scholarships. A number of contestants received awards during the final and preliminary competitions, including:
The court of honor:
- 1st Runner up, Miss West Allis, Chelsey Wasielewski from Greendale, Wis.
- 2nd Runner up, Miss Southern Wisconsin, Tyra McFarland from Milwaukee, Wis.
- 3rd Runner up, Miss Kenosha, Tori Bogren from Kenosha, Wis.
- 4th Runner up, Miss Heart of Wisconsin, Madeline Anderson from Onalaska, Wis.
Semi-finalists and award winners included:
- Top 11 – Miss Belle City, Tara Pizer from Richland Center, Wis.
- Top 11 – Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest, Christa Brehm from Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Top 11 – Miss Onalaska, Audra Fuchsel from Onalaska, Wis.
- Top 11 – Miss St. Francis, Brynn Weinzirl from Oak Creek, Wis.
- Top 11 – Miss Seven Rivers, Tiana Vanderhei from Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Top 11 – Miss Wisconsin Central, Jessica Johnson from Beloit, Wis.
- People’s Choice Internet Vote – Miss LaCrosse Oktoberfest, from Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Miss America 2014 National Community Service Award – Miss Sparta, Autumn Freeman from Sparta, Wis.
- Miss America 2014 National Academic Award – Miss Heart of Wisconsin, Madeline Anderson
- Non-Finalist Interview award – Miss Fox River Valley, Mary Bonack from Three Lakes, Wis.
- Overall Interview Award – Miss Madison-Capital City, Raeanna Johnson (Miss Wisconsin 2014)
- Jean L. Anderson Overall Evening Wear Award – Miss Madison-Capital City, Raeanna Johnson (Miss Wisconsin 2014)
- Spirit of Miss America (tie) – Miss West Allis Chelsey Wasielewski, and Miss Harbor Cities Michelle Neumann from Nekoosa, Wis.
- Children’s Miracle Maker Award – Miss Wisconsin Rapids, Morgan Vanderhei from Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Four Points Award - Miss Wisconsin Rapids, Morgan Vanderhei
- Rookie Talent Awards – Miss Onalaska, Audra Fuchsel and Miss Holmen, Chelsea Dubczak from Holmen, Wis.
- S.T.E.M. Award – Miss LaCrosse Oktoberfest, Christa Brehm
- Early Childhood/Elementary/Secondary Education Award (tie) – Miss Kenosha, Tori Bogren and Miss Coulee Region Elizabeth Butler from Holmen, Wis.
- Health Sciences Award (tie) – Miss Heart of Wisconsin, Madeline Anderson and Miss Sparta, Autumn Freeman
- Toni Andelman Award for the Performing Arts – Miss Onalaska, Audra Fuchsel
- Marketing/Communications Award – Miss St. Francis, Brynn Weinzirl
About The Miss Wisconsin Pageant
Founded in 1936, the Miss Wisconsin Pageant program is a preliminary for The Miss America Organization, one of the nation's leading achievement programs and the world's largest provider of scholarship assistance for young women. Last year, the Miss America Organization and its state and local organizations made available more than $45 million in cash and scholarship assistance. The Miss Wisconsin Organization offers cash and scholarship assistance. Almost all contestants have either received, or are in the process of earning either college or postgraduate degrees, and utilize Miss America scholarship grants to further their educations. Visit www.misswisconsin.com for more information.
# # #
We are proud to announce the following:
Click on the pageant name below to see more information about their Titleholder.
Miss Belle City: Tara Pizer
Miss Beloit: Hayley Jordan
Miss Burlington Area ChocolateFest: Ashely Monti
Miss Coulee Region: Elizabeth Butler
Miss Door County: Cora Baudhuin
Miss Fond du Lac: Malainey Myrin
Miss Fox River Valley: Mary Bonack
Miss Green Bay Area: Karlee Nimmer
Miss Harbor Cities: Michelle Neumann
Miss Heart of the Valley: Emily Rebhan
Miss Heart Of Wisconsin: Madeline Joy Anderson
Miss Holmen: Chelsea Dubczak
Miss Kenosha: Tori Bogren
Miss La Crosse/Oktoberfest: Christa Brehm
Miss Madison-Capital City : Raeanna Johnson
Miss New Berlin: Megan Patrick
Miss Onalaska: Audra Fuchsel
Miss Oshkosh: Samantha Pech
Miss Racine: Haylee Bande
Miss Seven Rivers: Tianna Vanderhei
Miss Southern Wisconsin: Tyra McFarland
Miss Sparta: Autumn Freeman
Miss St. Francis: Brynn Weinzirl
Miss West Allis: Chelsey Wasielewski
Miss Wisconsin Central: Jessica Johnson
Miss Wisconsin Rapids: Morgan Vanderhei